What in the world is SEO and how does it work?
2019 has been a big year so far for the internet and the companies who are building their marketing strategies. As a business owner, it’s very likely that you have been inendated with information about Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO.
While it is true that it is a true foundation for any local business, there are some things that you should know before hiring a team.
Let’s start with a quick overview.
At the base, SEO is your reputation online. It’s when Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines show your online assets to the portion of your city that is searching for your product or service online.
It is based on location, such as Agoura Hills, California, and other factors as well.
If you searched for a product or service online and every option on the first page of
So now you know why Google and these other sites have such high standards for your online
What does that mean for small brick and mortar businesses?
Many community based businesses that are based on services focus mainly on Word of Mouth. But we have news for you. This process will always be the most effective, but it’s going through a transformation.
We call this ‘Modern Word of Mouth’
Reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook and other platforms are very trusted (in most cases), and this is causing a whole new way to shop. Now, we search a business and then scan the reviews. Not just the ratings, but also the legitimacy of the written review as well. This is a whole new level of reputation. This is the Modern Word of Mouth. Where your reputation permeates the online world. When someone loves you, now they can shout about you from the top of their mountain.
Their social profiles aren’t just their social circles, but they are virtual mountains.
So what else goes into SEO?
Here’s a small list that’s easy to digest:
- Citations and Citation Aggregators (making sure NAP all matches)
- Google Local Pack (top 3)
- Google Maps
- Google My Business Optimization (GMB)
- Quality Backlinks and Forum outreach
- Social Media Engagement and activity
- Verifying online Assets on Google, Facebook, etc.
- Content, content, content. (consistently adding blogs and pages to your site)
- Photo and Video content. This is a new era and if you aren’t doing this, then your competitors are
- On-site Optimization (Meta Tags, Clean Coding, Unique Web Design)
- Calls to Action so that site visits reduce Bounces, which helps SEO
- Showing an Offer on your website so that people have a reason to connect with you directly
Let’s stop the list there because the list keeps going.
All of these items plus more, makeup the parts to a solid SEO strategy. Some are hard to understand but with some research you can find the ways to solve these problems.
SEO is a staple serviece for AdLab Digital Marketing, and we are seeing fantastic results for our clients in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, as well as Woodland Hills.
If you have any questions about choosing a company that will put you first, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
We hope this resource serves as a deeper understanding of what catering to the search engines can do for you
We wish you a happy 2019 full of new levels in business and beyond!
-Spencer Wight and Chasen Gersh